Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- Fresh cilantro-mint chutney (see below)
- 16 thin slices Fontina cheese
- 16 small dinner rolls
- Fresh lettuce, mache, red leaf or a similar spring mix
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Knead 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the mint chutney into the ground turkey meat to add flavor and moisture. You want the finished product to be lightly speckled with green. (Reserve a few tablespoons of the chutney for the condiments.) Then form the patties, using about an 1/8 lb. per.
- Cook the sliders on a well-oiled grill for just a few minutes per side, until just cooked through. Add small slices of Fontina or another mild cheese at the last minute.
- Meanwhile, mix two tablespoons of the chutney into the mayonnaise. Wash and dry the lettuce.
- Place each grilled burger on the bottom half of a small, bakery-style dinner roll. Top each patty with a generous dollop of the herbed mayonnaise and a leafy piece of lettuce, then cover with the top of the roll and serve.